What to Do in Montreux
There’s so much to do in Montreux!
Upon arrival at the Montreux Hotel, you will receive your personal Riviera Card. That will get you a load of discounts and give you some ideas about what to do in Montreux.
What to do in Montreux if you are the sporty type
- Bike along the banks of Lake Geneva or through the narrow streets of the old towns of Montreux and Vevey. Bikes are free to guests of Hotel Montreux.
- Go on a hiking adventure, following marked trails through jaw-dropping landscapes.
- Try the popular sport of ‘stand up paddle’. The hotel makes boards available for free. In fact, the lake offers many opportunities for aquatic fun - everything from pedal boats to water skiing.
- Take an unforgettable balloon ride or, if you are feeling daring, try paragliding.
- For winter sports the Montreux area is hard to beat. Whether it’s skiing, snowshoe walking, dog sledding, ice skating or tobogganing you are looking for, you will find it here.
What to do in Montreux if you are a culture vulture
- The Romantic edifice of Castle Chillon is Switzerland’s most popular tourist destination, and only 2km from the hotel.
- Art and architecture are very much in the air. Check out the Kunsthalle Marcel Duchamp and Villa ‘Le Lac’ by Le Corbusier.
- Wine, musical instruments, cameras – you name it, there’s a museum for it!
What to do in Montreux for fun and relaxation
- Shake off the stresses and strains of everyday life in Monteux’s bars, cinemas, nightclubs, theatres and music venues.
- Thanks to Deep Purple’s ‘Smoke on the Water’, Montreux Casino has become world famous. It’s only a 10 minute walk from the hotel, so why not try your luck at the tables or just enjoy one of the regular shows.
- A treatment and a dip at Lavey-les-Bains thermal spa are the ideal way to relax those tired muscles after a mountain walk.
- What could be more refined than a cruise on a beautiful Belle Epoque paddle steamer on Lake Geneva? Sit back and enjoy the stunning views and the old-world atmosphere.
What to do in Montreux if you like scenery
- Take the rack railway to the Rochers-de-Naye for a spectacular view of Lake Geneva. There’s also a little park where you can watch marmots going about their business!
- Glacier 3000 offers a breathtaking panorama of the highest peaks in the Alps.
What to do in Montreux if you are a foodie
- Learn about cheese-making the traditional way at the Revon cheese-making chalet.
- Take a workshop at the chocolate factory in Cailler in Broc, or just watch the experts at work.
- Lavaux vineyards are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The terraces, situated on steep slopes, offer a breathtaking panorama of Lake Geneva. Round off your visit with a stop at the village cellars for a tasting.